The first blog post is probably the most difficult to write. At least it is for me. I have started and erased this posts numerous times. I don't know what to say. Do I introduce myself? Do I talk about some random topic? Maybe I should just ramble, since it seems to be what I am doing, anyway.
But instead, maybe I should introduce myself. Tell you a little about who I am, what I do, you know, what makes me tick.
For starters, I am a mom. I have 2 fabulous kids and soon, I will have a son - in - law. I am a graphic designer. I am a recent (May '14) college grad, I am a humble follower of Jesus Christ and I am blind.
Now, when I say I am blind, I don't mean totally blind. I can see, just not good at all. I can get around (though, I do not drive). I can read, but only on my tablet and with the type set to really really large. I can do almost anything, but a lot of things are just really difficult.
So you might wonder how a blind person gets into a field like graphic design. Well, it happened kind of accidentally, but on purpose. I know it wasn't really accidental. I know I ended up right where God intended for me to be. You see, I don't believe anything is random or by chance. I don't believe in good luck, bad luck, hexes, jinx, fate or coincidence. Everything happens for a reason and it all happens within the will of God.
So, a blind graphic designer? Yep, it's a God thing.
Isaiah 42:16

No comments:
Post a Comment